Things things glorious things

Monday 27 June 2011

I pretty much never do 'haul' posts, mainly because I very rarely go on massive shopping sprees that would warrant a haul post (oh woe is me...) but also, on the rare occasion when I do buy a lot of stuff, I've usually opened all of the packaging/cut the labels off/put it away before I actually remember to take a nice picture. Anyway, I'm off to Portugal in a week (I'm going to the Optimus Alive Festival - it's going to be AMAZING!) so I headed into town on Saturday to pick up a few things, and for once, I actually remembered to take a photo when I got home.

What I bought;

Boots Essentials Cucumber Cleansing Wipes - I use these almost obsessively as a) they're VERY gentle and b) they're always on offer (three for £3). I had been using Johnson's wipes which I've definitely used before, but I seem to have become a bit allergic to them as I've been suffering from really sore, dry skin around my eyes and forehead and they're the only things that might have caused it. So back to the old reliables it is!

Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream - I've talked about this before, in fact, tons of people have talked about it before, so I'm sure you're already well aware of this product. Even though I'm still LOVING my Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser (mentioned in my recent vlog), I've been feeling the need for something a little more gentle due to my aforementioned dry skin attack. This stuff does the job nicely.

Lee Stafford Treatment For Hair That Never Grows Past A Certain Length (catchy name, eh?) - I've heard so much hype about this and have been desperate to get hold of it. I really want to have ridiculously long hair, like a mermaid, and while my hair does tend to grow fairly quickly, I also lose quite a lot in the shower/during brushing. The treatment claims to strengthen hair follicles, which means they stay "anchored to your scalp" (that's actually what it says on the tub) better and therefore don't fall out as easily. I've only used it twice so far, so haven't noticed any massive changes yet, but Im keeping my fingers crossed. Also, it smells heavenly. I got it for £5.99 instead of £7.99 as Boots are currently doing £2 off Professional Haircare vouchers. Score!

17 Lasting Fix Nail Polish in Tropical Island - I didn't need another nail polish. I know I didn't and you know I didn't. But there was an offer of a free concealer pen with any 17 purchase so I got excited. I still haven't fully lifted the makeup ban, but I figured that getting two products for the price of one was a good plan, especially when I needed a concealer anyway and the concealer on its own would have been more expensive. I've been wanting a really bright orange polish for ages as I think its a great summer colour and this one is almost there, though it's not quite bright enough for me. I want obnoxiously vibrant nails! You can't see in the photo, but it has tiny flecks of gold running through it, which is pretty, but not noticeable unless you look very closely.

17 Hide & Chic Eye Brightening Concealer - This was the free concealer. I've only used it once or twice but so far so good; it's just a typical highlighting concealer - it has a brush/pen applicator like Touche Eclat and a creamy, blendable consistency. May review this at some point in the future when I've used it a bit more.

Ambre Solaire Clear Protect Transparent Body Protection Spray (SPF 20) - I just started writing my reasons for buying this, but it turned into a bit of an essay, so I think I'll save it for another post. This was about £6.50 in Wilko's, which is one of the cheapest prices I've seen for sun care.

25 Allura Emery Boards - bought these in Poundland, I always need nail files so this seemed like a good idea. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by these as not only are they different shapes and sizes (the mini ones are ideal for your handbag) but they also have different levels of courseness (not sure if that's the techincal term, but you know what I mean, don't you?) some are really course for nail re-shaping while others are finer, so are better for tidying the edges. Not bad for £1!

Turquoise tribal-style ring - I've seen these rings EVERYWHERE lately, so when I spotted this one in Primark (£2.50!) I had to have it. Love a bit of turquoise.

New sunnies - I never, ever buy expensive sunglasses as I almost always lose them or break them and I just don't see the point. I really liked the ones I took to Lanzarote but the lenses are really badly scuffed and scratched as I've had them for about a year now. I can only really wear over-sized sunnies, as I've got such a massive face. I really like the Wayfarer and aviator styles but whenever I try them on, they just look ridiculous. The size of the sunglasses MUST be proportionate to the size of the face. It's a scientific fact.

Skinny belt - Think this was £1. I love the colour and I think skinny waist belts like this add a really nice detail to an outfit. I've got a black vest-tunic-dress thing that I can't wait to wear this with.

Pink and brown satchel - Normally when I go on holiday, I spend a lot of my time at the beach or pool so I'd just buy a big beach bag that can hold a book, suncream, money and lots of other "essential" bits and bobs, but as I'm going to be at a festival this time, I figured a heavy shoulder bag wouldn't be the best plan. I only really need my suncream and money, maybe a lipbalm etc, so this little bag is perfect. Plus, it's pink!

So that's everything - mostly cheap and cheerful stuff, which is good. Right, off now to watch the final episode of Made In Chelsea - I hate to admit it, because I said I wasn't going to watch it, but I've really gotten into it. I love Ollie!

Are you off on holiday this Summer? What are your Summer essentials? Why can't it be Summer all year round?!

6 comments:

  1. Great buys :-) I have a few of them too I'm currently trying the Lee Stafford stuff too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried the Lee Stafford growth stuff, It made my hair soft but it still refused to grow past the dreaded shoulder length.

    Ugh Ollie! No no no. Francis is the only Made in Chelsea chap for me

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just bought the Lee Stafford stuff with my £2 voucher too! Fingers crossed :)
    My Boots had totally run out of the 17 concealers so I'm going to check back for those - think the voucher is valid for a while, thank god! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the nail polish, such a gorgeous colour. haha I watched Made in Chelsea too even though I swore I wouldn't x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you got a lot of good stuff :) I am also tempted to to buy the Lee Stafford stuff, I also really want long mermaid hair!
    I love Made in Chelsea! I always feel a little embarassed saying it though, but it is brilliant. I love Hugo most, but Ollie is lovely!
    Sirens and Bells xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear you're going to my country for a great festival :) The line up is amazing but unfortunately I won't be able to attend. I'll be at Paredes de Coura in august which also has a great line up. I hope you have a great time and i'm looking forward to seeing the pics.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Give me the thoughts from your brains...
(please note, all spam will be deleted, so back off, spam-monkeys!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...