Hold me closer, tiny dancer...

Friday 5 June 2009

I love Diane Von Furstenberg, I really do. She seems like she'd be fun to hang out with. And she gives very good advice (see the final episode of The Hills where she tells Whitney "the most important relationship in your life is the one you have with yourself" - yes Diane, you are brilliant!)

The DVF resort show featured cheerful 50s style bathing suits, cheeky mini dresses and billowing maxis, in an array of brightly coloured floral, polka dot and striped prints. Keeping up her penchant for massive headwear, every outfit was accessorised with a matching bow, big enough to make even Minnie Mouse jealous.

That floral and polka dot print dress is to die for!

Another designer big on the headwear was Michael Kors, whose collection had a glamourous 70s feel to it. Those kind of turbans always make me think of that madwoman from Sunset Boulevard... you know, the one who says "I'm ready for my closeup, Mr DeMille"? I could totally see her rocking up in Kors' combination of black turban, diva-ish shades and lots of heavy gold jewellery. There was also an Asian twist in some of the tailoring, for example a white trouser suit with a wide tie-belt and extreme shoulders, not to mention the super high, buckled platforms which brought to mind the effect of foot-binding (not sure if that was intentional but that's what it made me think of...). Some of my favourite pieces were the printed shift dresses, specifically the zebra print one with matching turban.

Norma Desmond, eat your heart out...

I know it looks like I'm a bit obsessed with Chanel Iman here, but they put her in all the best dresses!

As usual, all photos are from style.com. And this is only the beginning; there is a lot more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me the thoughts from your brains...
(please note, all spam will be deleted, so back off, spam-monkeys!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...